Friday, April 13, 2012

Fumes Worth Running On

Ephesians 5:18
"be filled with the Spirit;"

Ever been driving in a car and almost run out of gas? Ever hear the expression "running on fumes"? When a car is low on fuel, often times someone will say it is only operating on fumes of what is really needed.

This week I read about a man who has invented an Air Vapor Flow System. He gets 400 miles per gallon on the vapor of the fumes of only 4 ounces of fuel. Now that is what you call "Running On Fumes"!

There is going to be times in all of our lives when we feel like we are empty, finished, can't continue and are close to throwing in the towel....

It is in these times that we must keep on going. We may feel like we are merely running on the fumes, but what we don't realize is that the Holy Spirit is a fume that doesn't fade!

Life will bring times of trials, tears, and torrential battles....

But if I will keep "Running on the Fumes"! I can live a victorious Christian life!

Depend on the Holy Spirit! Even if you are running on fumes, He is a fume worth running on!

#fuel

2 comments:

  1. My Life Is In Your Hands lyrics


    You don't have to worry
    And don't you be afraid
    Joy comes in the morning
    Troubles they don't last always
    For there's a friend named Jesus
    Who will wipe your tears away
    And if your heart is broken
    Just lift your hands and say

    Oh
    I know that I can make it
    I know that I can stand
    No matter what may come my way
    My life is in your hands

    With Jesus I can take it
    With Him I know I can stand
    No matter what may come my way
    My life is in your hands

    So when your tests and trials
    [From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kirk-franklin-lyrics/my-life-is-in-your-hands-lyrics.html ]
    They seem to get you down
    And all your friends and loved ones
    Are nowhere to be found
    Remember there's a friend named Jesus
    Who will wipe your tears away
    And if you heart is broken
    Just lift your hands and say

    Oh
    I know that I can make it
    I know that I can stand
    No matter what may come my way
    My life is in your hands

    With Jesus I can take it
    With Him I know I can stand
    No matter what may come my way
    My life is in your hands

    ReplyDelete